Technical Account Manager
The TAM is directly responsible for managing a team to provide technical support services to assigned clients. In this position, the TAM drives client satisfaction, ensures contract terms and SLAs are met, and maximizes team efficiency.
The team consists of Lead Engineers, System Administrators, Account Manager, Field Engineers, and Computer Support Specialist.
- Manages, plans, staffs, implements policies, objectives, and activities to ensure Capstone provides timely, reliable and quality computer support services to its clients.
- Regularly interface with customers to provide strategic business reviews which includes “Right-Fit” strategic guidance, discuss service delivery needs and issues, and maintain relationships. Train and utilize account managers and lead engineers to meet this objective.
- Manages the team, establishes priorities, sets deadlines.
- Analyzes data necessary to identify trends in service delivery, especially those indicating systemic issue at client sites.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and service level agreement targets are met.
- Ensures policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Reports Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and status of strategic initiatives to the Operations leadership team.
- Establishes and manages staff training and Engineering Team goals to ensure staff can support new technologies and meet service requirements.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Provides direct IT support and troubleshooting.
- Run Leads Level 10 meeting and participate in Operations Level 10 meeting with responsibilities to communicate up/down between those meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and a minimum of 3 years of experience in IT Management and service delivery or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of how to install and maintain computer hardware, operating systems, networks, and software applications in a business setting.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and management skills
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Persuasive skills to affect or change behavior with clients and staff
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others' actions.
- Awareness and understanding of others' reactions to effectively manage situations.
- Ability to teach others.
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Strong and formal written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a congenial manner.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize to achieve a defined objective.
- Ability to work independently devising new methods, adapting or changing standard procedures to meet new conditions.
- Understanding of cost, margins, markups and profit.
- 100% Company Covered Medical & Dental
- Company issued laptop
- 401K Plan
- Fully stocked cafe and free coffee
- Recognition programs with prizes