Management Information Systems Consulting (M.I.S.C.)
Capstone’s Management Information Systems Consulting (M.I.S.C.) service helps organizations--big, medium and small--realize maximum benefit from investments in personnel, equipment, and business processes.
M.I.S.C. Makes Businesses Better
Businesses use information systems at all levels of operation to collect, process and store data. Management aggregates and disseminates this data in the form of information needed to carry out the daily operations of business. Everyone who works in business, from someone who pays the bills to the person who makes employment decisions, uses information systems. A car dealership could use a computer database to keep track of which products sell best. A retail store might use a computer-based information system to sell products over the Internet.
At Capstone, we believe that a company’s use of technology should support its business strategy and enhance its business processes. Capstone’s M.I.S.C. process consists of conducting a gap analysis between the current state (“where you are”) and the desired state (“where you want to be”) of an organizations software applications/systems.
Capstone’s M.I.S.C. gap analysis would perform the following tasks:
- Review client’s strategic business objectives;
- Translate strategic objectives to desired business processes;
- Analyze current business processes and information flows;
- Inventory the current information systems in support of the business processes;
- Determine the qualitative effectiveness and value of the current systems in meeting business requirements;
- Identify gaps in processes and/or application support;
- Provide recommendations for closing gaps.
Leverage Capstone’s M.I.S.C. services to increase the effectiveness
and efficiency of your company.