Outside Sales Executive
As a member of our business development team, the Sales Executive will learn technical sales strategies and techniques as you assist in various stages of the lead generation process. This includes strategic prospecting, cold-calling, setting appointments, managing leads, presenting proposals and working with both the CEO, the sales, and the marketing teams to ultimately close sales in a timely enough volume and gross margin to meet monthly and annual business objectives.
The ideal candidate has previous experience selling IT/Network support services to small and medium sized businesses in Buffalo, NY and surrounding areas. Must be driven to deliver results and excited to learn about the sales and lead generation process from the inside of a fast-growing company. You will grow to sell our services independently through excellent training, mentorship from senior sales team members, and use of our sales automation processes. Your commission-earning potential is limitless!
- Prospects for new clients through various activities including cold calling, referrals, attending events, relationships and networking to establish sufficient opportunities to build a pipeline of potential business.
- Gathers customer or product information to determine customer needs.
- Prepares and presents proposals which include desired client outcomes and value of Capstone’s solutions.
- Performs ROI calculations to quantify cost savings.
- Presents the business case that aligns to customer needs as defined during the qualification phase.
- Describes the solution in alignment to business and technical needs.
- Aligns scope, schedule and cost.
- Positions unique qualifications and corporate over view in an effective manner.
- Closes sales timely in enough volume to meet monthly and annual business objectives.
- Engages Capstone engineers to conduct Fit Assessments and to design and price larger solutions requiring equipment, software and/or installation services.
- Discusses design or technical features of products or services with technical personnel.
- Prepares sales or other contracts.
- Processes sales or other transactions.
- Tracks all leads and appointments using ConnectWise.
- Updates and report on activities, time sheets, expense reports, and sales processes within ConnectWise.
- Visits prospect establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Studies product information to acquire professional knowledge.
- Attends and participates in marketing events, associations and local organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work and Decision Making
- Wide variety of duties requiring considerable judgment to work independently using trained methods, occasionally adapting standard procedures and/or making decisions guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies.
Autonomy and Accountability
- Works from general objectives (such as increase in sales, revenue or product) and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents with little functional guidance. Refers specific cases to supervisor for clarification or interpretation. Review by supervisor focuses on achievement of the objective and if necessary, on the means.
Technology, Equipment or Tools
- General office equipment is used including laptop, scanner/printer and phone system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while using hands to use a computer or other technologies. The employee frequently is required to see, hear, and talk. The employee is occasionally required to lift/carry up to 30lbs, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Works primarily in an office setting with moderate to light noise
- Requires local travel, a vehicle, and a valid driver’s license.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in a business or marketing-related field
- 5+ years of experience with a passion for learning valuable sales skills and continued development as a successful sales executive.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Relevant computer industry knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Persuasive customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and administrative skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize to achieve a defined objective.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Strong creativity and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others' actions.
- Strong problem resolution skills