Question: What’s one of the most popular software suites in the world that has 120 million monthly users worldwide? The answer: Microsoft Office 365 for Business.
This cloud-based suite is a hit with many businesses because it helps them become more productive and efficient. It has a great set of tools that makes working fun. To give you a better idea of what we’re talking about, let us count the ways small business owners will benefit from this service:
1. No expensive upfront fee(s) – You don’t have to spend a lot of cash to buy the entire Office suite because it is a subscription-based service. For a monthly subscription fee, you can simply choose the services you want. Scale up or down as needed. Office 365 is as flexible as you are.
2. No hardware investment – Part of Office 365’s appeal is that it is cloud-based, making it more cost-effective. You don’t need to invest in a lot of hardware to do the things you can do with this productivity suite. Since everything is handled by Microsoft in the cloud, you don’t have to hire additional IT consultants or spend more on internal IT services. This is a boon to small businesses.
3. No need to worry about updates – Worrying about updates is a thing of the past since Office 365 users always have access to the latest version. The service is regularly updated by Microsoft. As long as you’re a subscriber, there’s no need to buy the newest edition to take advantage of its new features.
4. Get what you need when you need it – Since Office 365 comes with email hosting and cloud storage space, users can safely store their important files online and retrieve them whenever and wherever they’re needed. Whether you work in the office, at home, or someplace else, your files travel with you and are always accessible from any device that connects to the internet. Plus you have plenty of room with 1 TB of cloud storage.
5. Work smarter – Office 365 has everything small businesses need to work better and faster. Aside from basic tools that help users manage data, create documents, and communicate with others, it’s packed with intelligent apps that allow companies to grow their business, and save time and money.
A team can work together and share knowledge via group chat, online meetings, group emails, and more. Administrative tasks are simplified, giving you more time to finish tasks early and focus on others.
Depending on your subscription, the core apps and services available through Office 365 include:
- Excel – a spreadsheet with calculation and graphing tools
- Exchange – an email and calendar server
- Teams – a group chat software
- OneNote – an information gathering and collaboration program
- Outlook – a personal information manager
- PowerPoint – a presentation program
- Publisher – a publishing application
- SharePoint – a document management and storage system
- Skype for Business – an instant messaging software
- Word – a word processor
Some applications also have mobile versions to work on the go. Choose a plan that suits you and get instant access to these tools when needed.
6. Stay safe – With cybersecurity becoming an increasing concern nowadays, many businesses rely on Office 365 because it is safe. It boasts of layered security measures, proactive data monitoring, privacy protection, and more to ensure that your critical files and messages don’t fall into the wrong hands.
Since Office 365 data is kept in Microsoft's global data centers, it is protected from viruses, spam, and other online threats. What’s more, emails are encrypted at rest and in transit for your peace of mind.
We regret to inform you that we can’t publish everything good about Office 365 here. But the best way to benefit from it is to experience it. Ask a trusted managed services provider about this amazing suite today and be prepared to reap its benefits.
Do you want to know more about Office 365? Consult the friendly experts of Capstone IT to see what you’re missing. We specialize in managed IT services and have helped many small businesses in the Rochester and Buffalo areas.
Download our free eBook!
Learn about the overlooked ways Office 365 fosters communication and collaboration by reading our free eBook, How can your business benefit from Office 365?